Many things have happened in the near two months that I foolishly neglected this vehicle for my narcissistic rumblings.
I think another update list is in order.
1. My old roommate moved over to a different learning community. I missed her and was deathly afraid of having some skinny blonde girl with a Patrick Dempsey poster move in before I met my new roommate, who is totally cool and asks me to please turn my music up. I think that is rad.
2. I watched Slumdog Millionaire again. Everyone else should too.
3. No longer will I be ashamed. I like reggaeton. A lot. Especially Calle 13, though I suppose they are more like extra cool reggaeton.
4. Freaks and Geeks led me to a new obsession, luckily only enforced by my obsessive playing of one song. “Box of Rain” by the Grateful Dead. My love for this one song does not make me a hippie. I think.
5. I have yet to find the perfect study music. This may explain my total lack of study skills.
6. I had my first college crush (supremely unsuccessful.) In an act of wishful thinking, I made a wishful playlist that I entitled “If.” Unfortunately, it never had a chance to make it onto an actual CD (curse my poor social skills.) I think that my lack of skill when it comes to crushes puts my awesome mix making to waste. It’s not as if I am particularly strategic, or even logical, but I feel that people should choose their mates over their mix-making skill. I should therefore be chosen first. Case in point, “If”:
1. This Charming Man-The Smiths
2.Magic Spells-Crystal Castles
3.The Size of Our Love- Sleater-Kinney
4.So Here We Are-Bloc Party
5.Burn Your Life Down-Tegan and Sara
6.Lost in the Supermarket-The Clash
8.Box of Rain-The Grateful Dead
9.Thirteen-Kind of Like Spitting
10-Say Yes-Elliott Smith
11.Close Your Eyes, We Are Blind (Remix)-Alaska in Winter
12.In Between Days-The Cure
14.Almost Blue-Elvis Costello
15.That’s the Way-Led Zeppelin
16.Nocturne No. 2, Op. 9 in E-Flat Major-Chopin
17. Colors and the Kids-Cat Power
18. Lover’s Spit-Broken Social Scene
Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.
7. I’m going to go see Broken Social Scene in two days and then Kool Keith (Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Octagon) in two weeks. It’s been too long since I’ve seen a concert (two months.) Two too many.